- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilis
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper, until combined. Then, stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed. The key here is just making sure that you’re starting with nice softened cream cheese.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the green chili mixture. Then top with Monterey jack. Make sure that the chicken breast is laid in a flat, single layer in the dish. If the chicken breasts are thick or very large, it will take longer, and if they’re smaller, probably less time. If you’re in a pinch, you can put it in a larger dish and cut the chicken breast up into smaller pieces and spread them out a bit more. This should speed up the hook time a good bit!
- Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Serve hot over spanish rice, greens, tortillas, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!