- 12 oz dry macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 can condensed cream of cheddar soup (optional)
- 4 cups sharp cheddar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes while stirring. Slowly whisk in cream, milk, mustard powder, and onion powder. Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese & 3 cups cheddar cheese until melted. Add soup, if using.
- Toss cheese sauce & macaroni noodles together. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 18-24 minutes or until bubbly. Do not over cook. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.